Cost: $290.00 (GST Inclusive)
Date: Thursday 06 June 2019
Time: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Target: Early Childhoood / Junior Primary School Teachers
Location: Ventura Inn Hamilton, 23 Clarence St, Hamilton
Refreshments: Light lunch included, vegetarian options, tea/coffee
Course Facilitator: Desma Cornhill
Schema Learning Theory
The concept of children’s schema will be defined and explored, providing an overview of schema learning theory.
Participants will focus on the need for awareness and provision for children’s prominent schema, patterns, urges and consider how they can be catered for.
We will discuss –
- Defining types of schema, linking to children’s interests;
- Schema related to areas of play;
- Implementing schema into planning;
- Links to Te Whāriki and The NZ Curriculum;
- Spontaneous, progressive, short-long term planning;
- Intelligences and learning styles, including Gardner’s Multiiple Inntelligences;
- Children’s development;
- Developing education plans based on prominent schema.
- Gain a clear understanding of schema learning theory
- Be able to identify a range of possible schema
- Provide an education plan derived from prominent schema.
Desma Cornhill is an experienced ECE professional with a primary teaching background. Focusing on children’s development Desma imparts a keen interest in well-being, cultural health perspectives, and biculturalism.
Select "Meet our Facilitators" from the menu to see Desma's Full Bio