Cost: $300.00 (GST Inclusive)
Date: Thursday, 01 August 2019
Time: 10.00am – 4.00pm
Target: Early Childhood Teachers & Primary Teachers of Year
Location: Ventura Inn, 23 Clarence Street (off Anglesea St) Hamilton
Refreshments: Light lunch included, vegetarian options, tea/coffee
Course Facilitators: Desma Cornhill and Wendy Ardelean
Yoga Practices, Mindfulness, Well-Being ‘Mana Atua’
The morning will cover:
- Yoga practice for children;
- Participants joining in practical, non competitive yoga expression and poses;
- A focus on intellectual and emotional IQ;
- Acknowledgement of the values of perseverence, courage, kindness, self control, communication, respect, thankfulness, honesty;
- Integrating mind, body connections for children through basic postures, breathing exercises, and
- relaxation; supporting exuberant and reserved children to focus and balance.
The afternoon will include:
- Cultural health perspectives and well-being (Te Whāriki and The NZ Curriculum);
- Introduction to natural, wholesome approaches including herbs, aromatherapy, massage;
- Use of plants (kawakawa) to support holistic practices;
- Digestion and nutrition;
- Strategies for well-being integration into ECE and school programmes;
- Mindfulness – connecting mind, body and soul in peaceful, ambient settings;
- Theory of movement.
This course links to the strands of Te Whāriki and to The NZ Curriculum.
Course Preparation: Please wear flexible clothing; previous yoga experience is not necessary. Yoga mats are provided at the course.
Desma Cornhill is an Early Childhood Education professional who has worked in all sectors. She has developed a keen interest in health and safety
Wendy has considerable experience within the EC sector in communication techniques, body-mind posture analyses, massage. Wendy is skilled in a range of active movement practices and strategies for assisting children.....
Select "Meet our Facilitators" from the menu to see esma and Wendy's Full Bios